Velindre NHS Trust
- Velindre NHS Trust Corporate Headquarters
- Unit 2 Charnwood Court
- Parc Nantgarw
- CF15 7QZ
- Telephone 029 2019 6161
Velindre NHS Trust, with its headquarters at Charnwood Court, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff, was established on 1st April 1994 and has steadily grown to manage a budget of over £150M in 2006/07 and to provide a range of specialist services at local, regional and all Wales levels. The Trust comprises of a variety of Divisions who specialise in services as diverse as caring for cancer patients in Velindre Hospital to managing the Digital All Wales Network for NHS Wales from Health Solutions Wales in Brunel House.
Velindre NHS Trust, with its headquarters at Charnwood Court, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff, was established on 1st April 1994 and has steadily grown to over £140M in 2003/04 to provide a range of specialist services at local, regional and all Wales levels. It comprises Cancer Services (based at Velindre Hospital), Breast Test Wales, Cervical Screening Wales, Welsh Blood Service, Health Solutions Wales, National Public Health Service and a diverse range of other all Wales services.
Our principals and goals
The Trust accepts the need to base its actions on the following core principles from the United Kingdom’s shared framework for sustainable development:
- Ensuring a strong, healthy and just society
- Using sound science responsibly
- Promoting good governance
- Achieving a sustainable economy
- Living within environmental limits
The Trust commits to work in a process of continuous improvement to:
- Improve service quality through maximising positive and limiting negative impacts of, and between services - by adopting new practice.
- Improve efficiency and potentially realise savings – by being “green” and by developing new thinking.
- Develop stronger long term relationships with customers and communities – through involvement and joint working.
- Adopt a longer term view of risk management – management of risk rather than avoidance of risk.
- Support local economies through local labour and local purchasing schemes.
- Improve workforce performance, turnover and well-being – through training and health and well being.