Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Address :
- The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Fulham Road
- SW3 6JJ
- Telephone: 020 7352 8171
- Web: http://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk
Why choose The Royal Marsden
The Royal Marsden is constantly striving for excellence in cancer care and excellence as an employer. Here are some of the reasons why The Royal Marsden is the ideal place to develop your career.
Excellence in cancer care
The Royal Marsden is a leader in the field of cancer care with a successful record of innovation in nursing care, pioneering new treatments and the development of anti-cancer drugs.
The Trust is ranked as one of the top NHS Trusts in the country in the 2008 Healthcare Commission's Annual Health Check performance rankings. It is the only Trust to be achieve double-excellent (for quality of services and use of resources) for three years running. Previously, it was awarded the highest rating of three stars in the NHS performance indicators in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. It has also achieved five national Charter Mark / Customer Service Excellence awards, most recently in December 2008.
We need employees who share our values, aspire to excellence and are committed to building upon our success in whatever they do. In return we offer a strong commitment to our staff and the opportunity to share in our successful future. Investment in staff is strong within the Trust - adopting modern and enlightened working practices to enable staff to reach their maximum potential.
Our past and future
The Royal Marsden is the oldest hospital in the world dedicated completely to the study and treatment of cancer.
We are proud of our past and are ambitious for our future. We wish to remain at the forefront of cancer research, treatment and care, championing change for the benefit of our patients.
At the same time, we continue to invest in our staff, by adopting modern and enlightened working practices to enable staff to reach their maximum potential.
London and Surrey
The Royal Marsden Hospital is based at two sites: Chelsea in London and Sutton in Surrey.
- An exciting environment in central London
- Excellent tube, bus and train lines
- A wealth of restaurants, bars and shops
- Regular fast rail links to central London
- Good bus links into Sutton town centre, with a free shuttle bus from the station in the morning and late afternoon
- Beautiful countryside setting of the North Downs
- Ups and Downs Social Club with indoor swimming pool, bar and sports hall with regular yoga, aerobics and aqua aerobics classes for staff.
- During office hours a shuttle bus, free to all staff, operates between the two sites.
All staff can benefit from the interest-free loans for season tickets and excellent childcare facilities including an on-site crèche and play schemes. Both sites have subsidised dining facilities and access to accommodation.