- Advert number: 350316-0
- Posted Date: 06/02/14
Highly competitive salary package (including tax free benefits), extensive CPD programme and training opportunities, private cabin with guest privileges and accompanied family travel, all accommodation, food costs and transport to and from vessels included.
Carnival UK is a designated body for GMC revalidation.
Carnival UK is the UK operating company for P&O Cruises and Cunard Line, award winning and prestigious brands of great British heritage. We employ a diverse range of engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to customers.
We currently have an opportunity for someone to join our team in the role of Doctor on board one of our luxury cruise ships. The successful applicant will be faced with a varied caseload on a daily basis and the experiences gained will be hard to come by in any other medical environment. From minor illnesses to major trauma your day will be one of unusual scenarios – you should not expect it all to be the stereotypical sea sickness and sunburn.
You will provide and maintain a safe and efficient operation within the Medical Centre for all routine and emergency care for both our passengers and crew. In-patient care on board encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac disease (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopaedic problems and acute medical emergencies.
To be considered, you do not need previous cruise ship experience but you will need:
- To be a fully qualified doctor with current registration with the United Kingdom GMC or appropriate Governmental regulatory body
- A broad range of experience in acute care areas
- Proven proficiency in a wide range of clinical skills, including care and assessment of acutely ill patients and management of minor injuries and medical conditions
- An A&E background - although consideration may be given to those with relevant experience in Critical Care settings
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team
- Be ambitious, passionate and dedicated to delivering a quality service to our valued passengers and crew
In return, we are offering an excellent career opportunity, a choice of working patterns to suit your work/life balance, an extensive CPD programme and training opportunities to ensure you build upon your existing skills, and above all a unique opportunity to experience a job unlike any you have done before.
To apply, please click on the link: