- Advert number: 347133-0
- Posted Date: 18/12/13
- Closing Date: 14/01/14
(with experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology desirable but not essential)
St Helena, South Atlantic
One Year FTC commencing mid-April 2014
£70k-£85k pa (dependent on experience) taxable in St Helena plus other non-taxable allowances
A sub-tropical island of spectacular and beautiful landscapes in the South Atlantic with a warm and friendly population of 4,000, St Helena is a self-governing overseas territory of the UK, poised for transformation with the imminent construction of an airport. The 30-bed General Hospital in the capital, Jamestown, covers all areas of acute medical and surgical care while primary care is provided at the outpatient clinic in Jamestown with outreach services in 3 district clinics and in the community.
- Participate in the general practice clinics and share outpatient and inpatient duties.
- Be a member of the general on-call rota to provide emergency out-of-hours care with back-up support from other medical professionals on island as required (anaesthesiology, surgery and internal medicine).
- Play an active role in implementing and further strengthening health promotion and prevention programmes.
- Conduct clinical audits as required.
- Advise the Clinical Director and Director of Health and Social Welfare (DHSW) in new and emerging fields of medical science or where there is a need for significant changes to medical practice or of the medical workforce.
- Provide an obstetrics/gynaecology service under supervision of specialist obstetrician/gynaecologist on island and in close collaboration with the midwives (Please note this is only expected if the successful candidate has gynaecology/obstetric skills which is included as a desirable but not an essential skill for this post).
Applicants must hold full GMC or equivalent registration, with a minimum of 5 years' postgraduate medical experience, including General Practice or experience of general medicine. Experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology would be an advantage.
There is a possibility for extension beyond the 12 month contract.
We offer an extensive benefits package with 20 days leave pa, a contributory pension plus generous income tax-free allowances for relocation, rent and utilities. An application form can be found at www.sthelenacareers.com where further information can also be found, or you may contact Kedell Worboys on 0203 170 8705 or email: email@example.com. Applications to Kedell Worboys must be received by 14 January 2014 (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) Interviews will be held in London.