- Advert number: 345896-0
- Posted Date: 05/12/13
Medical Director, Oncology
New and Highly Visible Role Dynamic Environment
BTG is a rapidly-expanding global specialist healthcare organisation that focuses on three core business areas – Speciality Pharmaceuticals, Interventional Medicine and Licensing & Biotechnology. Their portfolio of approved Interventional Medicine products include drug-eluting beads, embolisation beads, radioactive beads (TheraSphere®)
and brachytherapy implants, which provide minimally-invasive treatment for locally-dominant diseases.
As part of their ongoing expansion in the area of Oncology (including interventional) they are looking to appoint a top-calibre Medical Director to lead and manage both operational and strategic activities across Europe and other territories. Prime responsibilities will include:
- Providing inspired leadership to the Clinical team - based in both the UK and the US.
- Contributing expertise in the development of BTG’s Interventional Oncology products.
- Developing and building strong relationships with key stakeholders in this area.
The candidate profile is:
- Medically qualified, and ideally GMC registered.
- Significant experience of clinical development gained within the pharmaceutical or biotech sector.
- Experience of working with medical devices would be highly advantageous.
- Clinical specialisation in Oncology, or alternatively extensive Oncology experience gained in the industry.
You will be both a strong team player and team leader, with sound business acumen, highly accomplished communication skills and the ability to function effectively in a dynamic, intellectually-stimulating and rapidly-evolving organisation.
The post commands a competitive salary and benefits package, and will be located in London.
To apply, please email your current CV and covering letter for the attention of Nicola Harding at RSA, via nicola.harding@theRSAgroup.com, or for more information please call Helen Watson, Researcher on +44 (0)1707 280819.
RSA, 44 Baker Street, London W1U 7BD | Tel +44 (0)20 7299 2670.