- Advert number: 325782-0
- Posted Date: 11/03/13
- Closing Date: 22/03/13
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH AND CLINICAL EXCELLENCE
Job reference: 907-840
Consultant Clinical Adviser Health and Social Care Quality Programme
0.6 WTE or 6 Programmed Activities (PAs) per week, Permanent
Terms equivalent to NHS Consultant pay scale (MC21/KC11/MC72 as appropriate)
Based in Manchester
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) is the independent organisation responsible for providing national guidance for the NHS and the wider Public Health Community on the promotion of good health and the prevention and treatment of ill health.
The Health and Social Care Directorate aims to drive quality improvement across health and social care through development, assurance and implementation of guidance and standards. The Health and Social Care Quality Programme is part of this Directorate and develops Quality Standards for use in clinical, public health and social care settings and quality indicators for the Quality and Outcomes Framework for General Practice (QOF) and the Clinical Commissioning Group Outcomes Indicator Set (CCG OIS). The postholder will play a full role in the Health and Social Care Quality Programme working as part of a dynamic team delivering the programme and will be responsible for the quality assurance of all clinical and public health advice and processes for the Quality Standards and quality indicator development work. They will also provide clinical and public health leadership to the Health and Social Care Quality Programme, supporting the development of high-quality methodological processes and practise.
You will have:
- Postgraduate qualification and accreditation in a relevant medical discipline (e.g. Public Health Medicine, General Practice)
- Knowledge or experience of working within the field of Public Health and General Practice
- Knowledge of NICE Quality Standards, the Quality and Outcomes Framework for General Practice, the Clinical Commissioning Group Outcomes Indicator Set, their application and the policy context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences both internal and external to the organisation
- Extensive, established personal networks across a range of clinical areas and be able to communicate across formal professional networks and Royal Colleges
The ability to provide leadership on clinical and public health issues within the Health and Social Care Quality Programme and, where required, on issues relating to Quality Standards and Indicators across the Health and Social Care Directorate and the Institute is essential to the role.
For an informal discussion, telephone Nicola Bent on: 0161 870 3045 or email: email@example.com
To apply, please visit NHS Jobs: http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/ under reference: 907-838.
Closing date: Noon on 22nd March 2013.
No agencies please.