- Advert number: 325752-0
- Posted Date: 07/03/13
- Closing Date: 24/03/13
DIRECTOR – STRATEGY, PARTICIPATION AND INNOVATION
- One of New Zealand’s most innovative, respected and largest health providers
- Develop, facilitate, and co-ordinate organisation wide strategy
- Drive innovative focus on ‘Self-Directed Care’ within full stakeholder participation framework
- Enjoy Auckland location – outstanding blend of urban and outdoor lifestyle
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) is one of the largest high quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of Clinical Services to a large and diverse customer population. With recent changes in structure and new leadership in place, the organisation is well placed for continued positive development delivering Health Services to the Auckland DHB area.
This new full time position will play a key leadership role in facilitating the development, deployment and monitoring of the overall ADHB strategic plan. A key requirement will be the coordination of input from multi-stakeholder and subject matter experts with an emphasis on innovation and partnerships, including patients and families. Self-directed care, patient/family centric approaches and customer satisfaction along with service performance delivery are all core aspects. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this position will be building relationships at the highest levels inside and outside the organisation, requiring a special set of high level skills. These combined requirements and challenges make this position one of the foremost, and unique, ‘high impact’ strategic roles within the New Zealand health sector.
Key criteria for success in this position include:
- Extensive overall management experience with a proven track record within a large, complex and fast-paced organisation
- Demonstrable high level strategic thinking and planning skills within large complex environments
- Absolute top level proven ability to engage, articulate, collaborate and galvanise support from a wide range of stakeholders at all levels within a well-defined framework
- Collaborative and positive working style
- Appropriate tertiary qualification
- Whilst a background in health would be desirable, it is not mandatory
For a position description or to apply please visit: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting position number 048034.
For further confidential enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (09) 638 0356 (DDI).
Closing date for applications is: Sunday, 24th March 2013.