- Advert number: 324320-0
- Posted Date: 19/02/13
- Closing Date: 08/03/13
Walsall Clinical Commissioning Group
Clinical Member on the Governing Body Secondary Care Doctor
Walsall Clinical Commissioning Group is looking to appoint a Secondary Care Doctor to the governing body (board) to play an exciting part in shaping and developing the emerging CCG as it goes through authorisation and becomes established as a statutory organisation.
The CCG is looking for someone to bring a broad view, on health and care issues to underpin the work of the CCG. In particular, they will bring to the governing body an understanding of patient care in the secondary care setting.
The successful applicant will share responsibility as part of the team to ensure that the CCG exercises its functions effectively, efficiently, economically, with good governance and in accordance with the terms of the CCG constitution as agreed by its members.
Specifically we are looking for the following attributes and competencies:
- be a doctor who is, or has been, a Secondary Care Specialist, who has a high level of understanding of how care is delivered in a secondary care setting;
- be competent, confident and willing to give an independent strategic clinical view on all aspects of CCG business;
- be highly regarded as a clinical leader, preferably with experience working as a leader across more than one clinical discipline and/or specialty with a track record of collaborative working;
- be able to take a balanced view of the clinical and management agenda, and draw on their in depth understanding of secondary care to add value;
- be able to contribute a generic view from the perspective of a Secondary Care Doctor whilst putting aside specific issues relating to their own clinical practice or their employing organisation’s circumstances; and
- be able to provide an understanding of how secondary care providers work within the health system to bring appropriate insight to discussions regarding service redesign, clinical pathways and system reform.
You will be a voting member of the board in a non-executive capacity. The indicative time commitment is 3-5 days/month with a remuneration of circa £7,880 per annum, on a contract for services basis. The post would be ideal for a candidate who was wishing for a unique personal development opportunity. Some time commitment will be required in the evening.
Points to be noted by potential applicants:
The individual should have no conflicts of interest i.e. they should not be employed by any organisation from which the CCG secures any significant volume of provision.
The individual should bring significant additional perspectives beyond Primary Care and should not be a general practice employee.
For further information, please telephone Salma Ali, Accountable Officer on: 01922 618300.
Closing date: 8th March 2013.
This advert will be live via NHS Jobs on Monday, 25th February, please search for Secondary Care Doctor and complete the application form online.