- Advert number: 323672-0
- Posted Date: 14/02/13
- Closing Date: 15/03/13
HEAD OF THE LEONARD WOLFSON EXPERIMENTAL NEUROLOGY CENTRE
UCL Institute of Neurology
University College London
The Leonard Wolfson Experimental Neurology Centre (LWENC) has been established following the award of £20 million to the Institute of Neurology (IoN) at University College London by the Wolfson Foundation. Uniting the expertise of UCL’s leading Scientists and Clinicians in the field of Neurodegeneration, LWENC will be unique in the UK, and aims to contribute significant advances in our understanding and treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases. It will develop and evaluate new methods and provide a dedicated national resource for testing novel therapies. It will also create embedded Clinical and Scientific Training Programmes and international links to develop the next generation of international leaders in Neurodegeneration and Dementia Research.
LWENC is now seeking an exceptional individual to take on the challenging new role of Centre Head to lead the Facility. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring the success and future sustainability of this important new venture.
- To establish LWENC as an international Centre of Excellence by contributing to the development and implementation of the strategic direction of the Facility;
- Be accountable to the Director of the UCL Institute of Neurology and with Clinical/Governance accountability to the Divisional Clinical Director of the Queen Square Division of UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, the postholder will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the facility;
- Establish and maintain a strong scientific reputation, building the capacity of the facility to undertake challenging and novel studies and developing links with national and international collaborators and with industry.
- Wide experience in Industry, and Specialist expertise at international level with extensive management experience gained in a Clinical Research environment;
- Proven ability in leadership and strategy, backed by high level influencing skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- A track record of publishing high quality Research in a relevant field, and a proven ability to translate Research activities into a Clinical and Organisational context is desirable.
For further information and a candidate brief containing application details, please see: www.odgers.com/40204 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is Friday, 15th March 2013.