- Advert number: 319097-0
- Posted Date: 07/12/12
Director of Clinical Data Services
£six-figure salary + bonus + benefits
This new role is a senior business and strategic leadership appointment with responsibility for the growth of the portfolio of BMJ Group businesses that improve healthcare outcomes through analysis of clinical data.
Over the past three years, the BMJ Group has been growing its range of services built around clinical data, healthcare economics and insight into unwarranted variation in patient outcomes. This portfolio of businesses currently includes:
- BMJ Informatica which provides real-time guidance to GPs
- Data interpretation tools that span primary and secondary care
- Services in development for clinical commissioning organisations.
Our aim is to build and acquire a wide portfolio of improvement services that are trusted by clinicians and clinical teams, both in the UK and internationally.
The new role of Director has been created to bring greater strategic acceleration to these businesses. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a combination of:
- Domain knowledge: Strong understanding of the field of unwarranted variation in clinical outcomes
- Management skills: A team player with the ability to lead and inspire multidisciplinary expert teams
- Business skills: P&L responsibility within a medium-sized enterprise, and the ability to grow new businesses in a competitive world
- Strategic thinking: The ability to build and communicate a strategy that interlocks with the strategic needs of our customers and clients
- Ambassadorial skills: Professional credibility and profile in championing the role of clinical data services and their relevance to the healthcare reforms in NHS England and further afield.
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead the growth of a strategically important business area that better equips our customers as they face the complex challenge of delivering improved clinical outcomes more cost effectively.
You will be a member of the divisional executive and receive a significant rewards package including a six-figure salary and membership of the senior management bonus scheme.
To learn more about this demanding and exciting new role, call Geoff Henley at Leading Edge Consulting on 01273 50 60 70. To apply, please write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref BMJ111203 with covering letter, CV and salary details.
Also, do visit www.leadingedgeconsulting.co.uk where this role is featured in detail.