- Advert number: 316011-0
- Posted Date: 01/11/12
- Closing Date: 22/11/12
POWYS TEACHING HEALTH BOARD
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC HEALTH
£100 - £104k per annum
Powys teaching Local Health Board (PtHB) is seeking to appoint an experienced Director of Public Health to join the Executive Team.
PtHB covers a large rural area from Machynlleth in the north to Ystradgynlais in the south. Serving a population of approximately 130,000, the tHB leads the delivery of primary care services through GP surgeries, dental practices, ophthalmic practices and pharmacies; provides a range of community based services through a network of community hospitals and community based teams and is responsible for arranging more specialist health care for the people of Powys. The tHB has a dedicated public health function and also plays an important role in supporting other organisations such as the County Council, the voluntary sector and carers, who contribute to the health and well being of the people of Powys.
Our vision is to provide “Truly integrated care, centred on the individual’ by
- Improving health and well-being (health)
- Ensuring the right access (services)
- Striving for excellence (delivery)
- Involving the people of Powys (people)
- Making every pound count (money)
As an executive member of the Board, this is an important and high profile role and we are seeking an outstanding individual to lead this challenging but rewarding agenda and to support the ongoing development of PtHB through innovative public health interventions and leadership to bring about measurable improvements in the health of the population.
Candidates must demonstrate:-
- Board experience at a senior level in Public Health, with a strong commitment to innovation in public health practice
- Well developed strategic leadership skills for influencing change and driving improvement within NHS and local government cultures and structures
- An ability to harness support and engagement working across a broad range of clinical and managerial colleagues as well as external partners including community and voluntary groups
If you would like to discuss the post further please contact Andrew Cottom, Chief Executive at the following email address Andrew.email@example.com
The application process is via submission of a detailed CV, statement of suitability and a covering letter outlining your interest in the post to Nikki Smith, HR Operational Team Manager, Basil Webb Hall, Bronllys Hospital, Bronllys, Powys LD3 0LU. Applications can also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22 November 2012.
Interview date: 7 December 2012.
Powys teaching Health Board is aiming for equality of opportunity in its workforce and is committed to best practice as well as fulfilling current UK and EC legal obligations in relation to employment and service delivery. Powys teaching Health Board aims to recruit the best possible staff to fill vacant posts and applications will be considered strictly on merit. All posts (where practicable) will be open to individuals wishing to work flexibly, this might include part-time, job share and home working.