- Advert number: 316307-0
- Posted Date: 16/11/12
- Closing Date: 14/12/12
No on-call roster necessary
this is negotiable!
Participate in the redevelopment of this Service
Lakes District Health Board provides healthcare for a central North Island population of 108,000 people. With our new Health of Older Persons Inpatient Unit opening early 2013, you will be involved in developing a Stroke Unit and be a key liaison in Orthogeriatric and Geriatric Care.
About the role
Reporting to the Clinical Head of Internal Medicine you will work with one other Specialist Geriatrician in a Service closely integrated with the wider Internal Medicine Service. You will:
- Provide inpatient and outpatient Geriatric Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
- Function as a Lead Clinician for patients with Stroke and TIAs
- Be well supported by Junior Medical Staff, with opportunities for teaching
What are we looking for?
- A Specialist Geriatrician
- FRACP or equivalent
- Eligible for specialist registration with NZ Medical Council
What is in it for you?
People love working in this role because of the autonomy and the opportunity to develop while working within a supportive Internal Medicine team. Plus:
- The Medicine is interesting and challenging
- You work Monday to Friday with no call or negotiable call
- Competitive salary package coupled with a lower cost of living
Fantastic lifestyle with idyllic setting, outdoor recreational activities, top schooling and affordable housing.
Closing date: 14th December 2012.
For further information please visit our website: www.lakesdhb.govt.nz and apply online today!!