- Advert number: 312445-0
- Posted Date: 20/09/12
- Closing Date: 02/11/12
BERMUDA HOSPITALS BOARD
Join a team who cares about excellence
CONSULTANT CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRIST
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT SERVICES (MID-ATLANTIC WELLNESS INSTITUTE)
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- The postholder will be expected to take clinical responsibility for the Child and Adolescent Service, including inpatient and community based care. This is a well-developed service with strong multidisciplinary input. The Consultant will be expected to attend clinical meetings and provide leadership to the team.
- The postholder will also provide medical leadership to the Learning Disabilities Programme which is a community based service.
- Services will include the provision of care to both Acute inpatients and outpatients under the age of 19, covering assessments of patients, formulations of management plans, Pharmacotherapy, attendance at clinical ward rounds, and weekly outpatient clinics.
- Duties also include the delivery of Liaison Psychiatric Services to the Emergency Department and other medical and surgical wards in King Edward Memorial Hospital.
- Supervision of the Day Programme as required.
- Participating in the clinical audit, and being actively involved in the development and managing of quality assurance programmes.
- Preparing court reports upon request of the Courts, and providing Consultant Psychiatric Services to government institutions as required.
Qualifications and Registration required:
- Will hold the MRCPsych or equivalent Postgraduate qualification in Psychiatry.
- Canadian or US Graduates may be board eligible within five years of graduation.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Bermuda Medical Council.
If you want to make a difference, and if your experience and qualifications match the above criteria, visit:
www.bermudahospitals.com and apply through BHB Jobs NOW. Select “Work at BHB” and follow the steps.
Pre-employment substance abuse screening is mandatory for all successful candidates.
Bermuda Hospitals Board, Human Resources, Craig Appin House, 8 Wesley Street, Hamilton HM11, Bermuda. Telephone: (441) 239-2955. www.bermudahospitals.com
OUR VISION IS TO BE THE FIRST CHOICE FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS