- Advert number: 312759-0
- Posted Date: 18/09/12
- Closing Date: 02/10/12
MEDICAL ADVISERS – NHS 111, NHS DIRECT
(3-4 posts, 2 days per week for 6 month interim role)
Salary: Competitive GP Scale
Location: One or more of the following: North West, West Midlands, South West, East Midlands, East of England, South Central or South London.
The Medical Adviser is responsible for ensuring NHS Direct engages effectively with Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in relation to its delivery of local NHS 111 services. NHS Direct will work closely with local providers to embed itself as a provider of high quality, safe services within the local urgent and emergency care system, and the Medical Adviser will have a key role in supporting this integration. The successful candidates will also support the organisation in maximising its potential to deliver a range of enhanced services to add further value to the NHS, patients and the public. Equally important will be supporting the Clinical Director to assure the clinical quality of the services provided.
We are looking for someone who:
- is suitably qualified and experienced in general practice or emergency medicine;
- has experience of senior leadership in an NHS environment and understands the new commissioning arrangements;
- understands the aims and objectives of the NHS 111 service;
- has an understanding of NHS Direct, and its role within the wider NHS;
- has effective interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong and successful relationships;
- has the ability to develop and articulate a clear vision, enthusing others, and a track record of building extensive networks within medical communities;
- a keen interest in e-health and how technology can improve quality and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery;
- has an appreciation of collective corporate responsibility, and is able to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team;
- ideally practises or lives in the geographical area where NHS Direct’s 111 services are being delivered (North West, West Midlands, South West, East Midlands, East of England, South Central or South London).
For further information please contact Ruth Rankine, Director of Strategy and Planning at NHS Direct, telephone: 0207 599 4259, email: ruth.rankine@ nhsdirect.nhs.uk or Tricia Hamilton, Clinical Director/Chief Nurse on 0207 599 4222, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should apply via CV with a covering letter, evidencing their skills and experience to meet the job description and person specification.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday, 2nd October 2012. Interviews will be held during week of 8th October 2012.