- Advert number: 311457-0
- Posted Date: 21/09/12
REALISE YOUR AMBITIONS ON OUR GLOBAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
Physician - Esprit R&D Scientific Leadership Development Programme
Are you a MBBS/MD with experience gained in a pharmaceutical, biotech or academic environment eager to become an outstanding scientific leader? An inquisitive mind who would thrive on a diverse, intellectually demanding global leadership programme? Do you want to translate your scientific expertise into disease-beating medicines? And help people across the world to do more, feel better and live longer?
We are a science-led, global healthcare company that puts patients first. Our business is focused on developing medicines that improve the quality of human life. To meet the future strategic challenges this entails, we need to fast-track the finest medical talent into senior leadership roles within our business.
Esprit R&D is a three-year, accelerated, multi-disciplinary and individually tailored programme. It is heavily backed by our senior management team, and it will give you incredible kudos as a physician among your peers.
Over the three years, you’ll undertake high-profile, global rotations that will give you in-depth medical knowledge and expertise. You’ll apply this knowledge across a range of drug development disciplines from discovery research to commercialisation and business development. And as well as learning from thought leaders in your field, you’ll benefit from unrivalled formal training, mentoring, coaching and development to enhance your leadership capabilities.
To be eligible for our Esprit R&D programme, you’ll need:
- Medical qualifi cations gained in a highly credible organisation and ideally some experience gained in the pharmaceutical, biotech or academic field, plus excellent theoretical and practical skills.
- Commercial acumen and strategic decision-making skills.
- Innovation, creativity and the ability to solve complex problems.
- The ability to adapt and learn new areas while working as part of a team.
- The insight and curiosity to push boundaries in the medical field.
- Global mobility for a 12-month period.
Opportunities are available in the both the UK and US and will be open for applications from 3rd September to 24th September 2012. To find out more please visit http://www.gsk.com/careers/students-graduates/postgraduates-rnd.htm, or contact the Esprit R&D programme office on email@example.com