- Advert number: 304807-0
- Posted Date: 31/05/12
- Closing Date: 22/06/12
MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY
The right choice - become
a Medicolegal Adviser at MPS
MPS is an innovative international organisation providing world-class service to members and is the world's leading indemnifier of healthcare professionals. We have a fantastic team of Medicolegal Advisers across our UK and international offices and are keen to expand our team in Leeds.
What we can offer you
• A career in legal medicine.
• Comprehensive induction and opportunity to gain a legal qualification.
• Opportunities to become involved in MPS initiatives worldwide, including the delivery of advice, education and risk management through presentations, writing and liaison with medical organisations.
• Supportive and collaborative working environment.
• Opportunity to revalidate.
• Broaden your experience through exposure to the whole MPS and DPL business.
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
What we expect of you
• Significant clinical post-qualification experience and recognised post-graduate qualification.
• Self motivation and keen interest in medicolegal issues.
• The ability to analyse and extract key issues from complex cases and provide appropriate solutions.
• Rational, logical and lateral thinking.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
• Collaborative teamworking.
• Experience of working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience of clinical practice in countries in which MPS offers membership.
• Attainment of membership of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine by the end of your training.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, please apply with covering letter, full CV and salary details to: Eleanor Townsend, Human Resources Department, Medical Protection Society, 33 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PS. Alternatively you can email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2012. Interviews will be held on 5-11 July 2012
No agencies please. MPS is an equal opportunities employer.
For enquiries call 020 7399 1489 or visit www.medicalprotection.org/uk/careers
MPS is not an insurance company. All the benefits of membership of MPS are discretionary as set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association. MPS1464: 05/12