Keith Pearson appointed as chairman of Health Education England
Authors: Helen Jaques
Publication date: 05 May 2012
The current chairman of the NHS Confederation, Keith Pearson, has been confirmed as the chairman of Health Education England, the new organisation assigned with overseeing education and training in England.
Health Education England is a key element of the government’s reform of medical education and training in England, along with local education and training boards. Health Education England will provide national oversight on strategic planning and development of the health and public health workforce; allocate education and training resources; and ensure the effective delivery of important national functions, such as recruitment of medical trainees.
“I am delighted to announce Sir Keith Pearson’s appointment as chair of Health Education England,” said the health secretary, Andrew Lansley. “Health Education England has strong support for its future role; and our ambitions for achieving excellence through education and training make this a key appointment for the future.”
Helen Jaques news reporter
- There are currently no responses to this article
- Add rapid response
- NHS GRAMPIAN SPECIALTY REGISTRARS LAT/ LAS/ FOUNDATION HOUSE OFFICERS Reference: TH5731
- LONDON DEANERY NIHR TCC INTEGRATED ACADEMIC TRAINING (IAT) CLINICAL LECTURESHIP SPECIALTY TRAINING PROGRAMME (ST3+) INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- LONDON DEANERY ST6+ HAEMATOLOGY - BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
- NHS LOTHIAN UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS DIVISION LOCUM APPOINTMENT FOR TRAINING ANAESTHETICS Reference: TG 482
- SOUTH WEST PENINSULA DEANERY Health Education South West SUBSPECIALTY TRAINING INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY