Doctors are sought to volunteer overseas
Authors: Helen Jaques
Publication date: 05 Apr 2012
The international development charity Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is seeking to recruit 260 healthcare professionals from Britain to volunteer in some of the world’s poorest countries this year and in 2013.
The charity urgently needs to recruit hospital doctors, paediatricians, obstetricians, gynaecologists, surgeons, health managers, midwives, and nurses to volunteer in one of 37 developing countries such as Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, and Tanzania.
“We’re urging healthcare professionals who are looking for an exciting, rewarding, and life changing experience to get in touch,” said Brian Rockliffe, director of VSO UK. “If volunteering and helping to save and change lives of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people is something you’ve always wanted to do, then this could be your chance.”
People who apply for volunteering posts will be assessed over 4-9 months and matched to the best placement for their skills and experience.
Volunteers could be involved in anything from training doctors and midwives to developing improved curriculums in training schools, giving technical support to health service development at community and district health level, and improving health management.
VSO provides volunteers with full training, flights, accommodation, and an allowance to cover basic costs and does not charge individuals to volunteer.
For further information about volunteering see www.vso.org.uk/volunteer.
Helen Jaques news reporter
- There are currently no responses to this article
- Add rapid response
- LEAD THE FUTURE OF HEALTHCARE JurongHealth is Singapore’s public healthcare cluster formed to facilitate the integration of services
- The University of Hong Kong Tenure -Track Clinical Assistant Professor in Haematology
- JOIN JAIPUR GOLDEN HOSPITAL TO MAKE TOMORROW'S HEALTHCARE A REALITY
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute
- University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry - Department of Medicine Academic Geriatric Medicine Competition Number-A100617702